- On Feb. 2, a delegation of 6 people headed
by Dr. Joo-Hoon Kim, President of the Chosun University, South Korea,
paid a visit to the Institute of Oceanology, CAS.
- Recently, a delegation of editors from
the Royal Society of Chemistry, including Dr. Peter Gregory, Dr. Neville
Reed, Dr. Graham McCann and Dr. Harpal Minhas, paid a visit to the Dalian
institute of Chemical Physics, CAS.
- On Feb 27, Dr. Li Maowen from the Geodetic
Survey of Canada paid a visit to the Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry
of CAS and gave a lecture entitled Several New Developments in Petroleum
- Recently, the Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical
Garden of CAS signed a five-year memorandum on exchange in scientific
research, education and personnel with the University of Wisconsin at
the Stevens Point.
- Recently, Mr. S. Walter, Chairman of the
Optical Society of America and professor in optics of the University
of Rochester, paid a visit to the Key Laboratory for High Intensity
Optics of the Shanghai Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, CAS.
- On March 2, Vice President Watanabe Hiroshi
headed a delegation of the University of Tokyo paid a visit to the Graduate
School of CAS.
- On March 4, Mr. Tournyol du Clos, Councillor
for Nuclear Industry from the French Embassy to China and his entourage
paid a visit to the Institute of Microsystems and Information Technology,
- On March 4, Dr. Zbigniew Mikolajuk and
Dr. Xu Jianchu, project officers from the International Center for Integrated
Mountain Development (ICIMOD), paid a visit to the Institute of Tibetan
- On March 7, Mr. Takayuki Matsuo, Director
of AIST and Mr. Hashimoto Keizo, a senior research fellow paid a visit
to the Guangzhou Institute of Energy Conversion, CAS.
- On March 7, Dr. Xiao Zhengang of the Thermo
Power Corp. in Finnigan, USA, paid a visit to the Changchun Institute
of Applied Chemistry, CAS.
- On March 8, a delegation of 6 people from
GE, USA, paid a visit to the Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, CAS.
- From March 1 to 3, Prof. Stephasson of
the Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden, paid a visit to the Institute
of Rock and Soil Mechanics, CAS.
- On March 10, Prof. Ralph Eichler, Director
of the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI), Switzerand paid a visit to the
Institute of High Energy Physics, CAS and signed an agreement about
future cooperation between the two sides.
- Recently, Prof. Kent Hughes, a famous scientist
from NOAA, USA paid a visit to the Institute of Oceanology, CAS and
had good discussions with colleagues from the Institute.
- On March 21, Dr. George Schaller, Vice
Chairman of WCS, and his entourage paid a visit to the Xinjiang Institute
of Ecology & Geography, CAS.
- On March 22, a delegation of senior administrators
headed by Dr. Li Enhua of the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research,
Boston, Switzerland paid a visit to the Shanghai Institute for Biological
- On March 22, Dr. Allan E.Goodman from the
Association of International Education, USA and Mr. Keith Clemenger,
Chief Representative of the Beijing Office of the Association paid a
visit to the Graduate School of CAS.
- On March 23, Prof. H. Takezoe, Chairman
of the Japanese Liquid Crystal Society and Professor of the Organic
and High molecular Materials Department of the Tokyo Industrial University
paid a visit to CAS.
- Recently, Prof. Dieter Suter from the Dortmund
University, Germany, had academic exchanges with the Wuhan Institute
of Physics and Mathematics of CAS on invitation. During his visit, he
made a lecture entitled Spin-based Quantum Computers: Towards Scalability.
Issue (Spring 2000)
Issue (Summer 2000)
Issue (Autumn 2000)
Issue (Winter 2000)
Issue (Spring 2001)
Issue (Summer 2001)
Issue (Autumn 2001)
Issue (Winter 2001)
Issue (Spring 2002)
Issue (Summer 2002)
Issue (Autumn 2002)
Issue (Winter 2002)
Issue (Spring, 2003)
Issue (June, 2003)
Issue (August, 2003)
Issue (October, 2003)
Issue (December, 2003)
Issue (February, 2004)
Issue (April, 2004)
Issue (June, 2004)
Issue (August, 2004)
Issue (October, 2004)
Issue (December, 2004)
Issue (February, 2005)